VN Ren'Py Hello! I am creating a VN based on Indian characters - SecretSpice Presents 'Hidden Secrets'

Are you interested in this VN?

• Yes, will give the teaser a shot!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SecretSpice

Dec 18, 2017
momgrain6.png
Hey everyone!
I will keep this short - I am working on creating a VN with a touch of Indian spice. Right now, the teaser will on two characters - The MC & The Landlady (ahemm...)

Before you all jump in on the fact that you have seen this a million times, I assure you, you haven't, at least I haven't, and I have played them all!
I don't want to create an 'Indian' VN just for the sake of it. Including an Indian dress does not make it 'Indian'. So my goal is to make this game as realistic as possible (obviously it's not based on real events...)

The big thing here is that this VN will depend on your support. No, I am not asking for money, not right now! I will release a Teaser Version very soon! I just want to see if there is enough love for this first.

I am attaching a few renders into what the 'Teaser' will look like(not saying this will be included or not, but just to give you an idea). Let me know what you think (MC face to be updated)

I learnt DAZ and Renpy very recently, so these will get better, and I did this as a hobby. In case the VN does pick up steam in the coming months, and if enough people start showing support financially, I truly believe anything is possible.
(I am a Data Engineer by profession, I love cinema and VNs. Obviously, it's a distraction, but you only live once, so why not explore all the possibilities!)

Last edited:

k4m0n

Feb 9, 2018
Before you all jump in on the fact that you have seen this a million times, I assure you, you haven't, at least I haven't, and I have played them all!
I don't want to create an 'Indian' VN just for the sake of it. Including an Indian dress does not make it 'Indian'. So my goal is to make this game as realistic as possible (obviously it's not based on real events...)
Soo... What is new? That you'll aim for it to be as realistic as possible? In what way? Kindly elaborate :)

SecretSpice

Dec 18, 2017
Soo... What is new? That you'll aim for it to be as realistic as possible? In what way? Kindly elaborate :)
Well, I am not making Shakespeare here :LOL:
But just for starters, I think this will be a treat for people who wanted to see Indian characters, with the story focussing on what living in India is like.

Of course, it's just a teaser. I am doing this as a hobby. I fully expect this VN to tank, I am merely here to see if there is any interest for this sort of thing. If yes, I can collaborate and get the most out of this with multiple characters and more story.

I believe I can do a lot with just how two characters interact with each other, and since I am starting out, I think that is the way to go. In case people like how I write, and how I setup a scene, then I can solely focus on this. Otherwise, this will just be some unfinished hobby (like many of mine)