Unreal Engine Project The First One - a dev diary

letsgethappy

Dec 7, 2023
Please move on, there is currently nothing to see here!

I've been experimenting and trying things out for a while.

First of all, I learned what I didn't want to do.
Drawing for example
Firstly, I can't do it really well and secondly, I don't feel like learning it either. So it's already gone.

DAZ is nice and ok, but I don't feel like rendering for hours. Especially since I think that we really have enough 2-D games. What we don't have, or at least not enough, are real 3-D games.

Something like House Party or Real Life Sunbay.
Master of Seducion, D Sim and Modern Luxury may develop in this direction.
Please excuse me if I didn't notice a really well-made 3D game here.

Most "games" in this area are more of a showroom type.

In short: There is a lack of real 3D games and that's exactly what I want to do!

The only question is: Can I do that?

I want to be a little arrogant.
I can't remember it, but there was a time when I couldn't stand or walk on my own. And the first attempts certainly didn't give the impression that this was a path that I should continue on without hesitation. I don't know if I learned it faster or slower, but at some point I was able to do it - all of us (okay, almost all of us).

What I want to say is: If I seriously want it and try, I will be able to do it at some point.

And this is, or rather becomes, the diary of the first attempt. From the first idea to the finished product.

There's a lot of clever advice here on the subject of "how to create my first custom game" and I'll be following some of this advice.

And the most important advice of all, in my opinion: Keep it simple and just do it!

I will base myself on the LOP Gold games.

That means there are various stats, places where you can do certain things, jobs where the pay depends on your experience and, last but not least, characters you can act with.
In the first step, the focus will be on the technical implementation. So a home with a living room and bedroom and probably a bathroom. But no kitchen or terrace, we don't want to overdo it.

That means I will implement exactly that now and then continue here.

Since I have to do all of this in my free time, I ask for your patience for 3 to 4 weeks.

Mar 28, 2018
I played Real Life Sunbay and it kinda sucks you can't interact with anyone outside of a few girls (well done but limited), go to a store and buy clothes, customize your house or get a job. The game is good but it had the potential to be great. Hopefully your game and others accomplish this.

letsgethappy

Dec 7, 2023
... Hopefully your game and others accomplish this.
I don´t know. This will be my first game, so I don't have any excessive expectations^^

At least i want to try to keep it simple.
It seems like my main job is making mistakes and try to fix them.
But no matter what might not go as planned, it's a very good feeling when I've found a solution that actually works

letsgethappy

Dec 7, 2023
Welcome to the dark side, fellow developer
Thanks!
It's actually a lot darker than I would have imagined.
I usually look for the solution to a problem on YouTube. There are a lot of tutorials on every topic, but it takes a lot of time until I find what helps me.
Enough complaining, btw: cg to your signature. It's always been a mystery to me how you can create a game like Final Fantasy with a character like Tifa without having sex scenes

• Red Heart
Reactions: AlternateDreams