Ren'Py Daz Some help on creating animations in DAZ

SecretSinStudios

Aug 24, 2024
Hello everyone! To start off I apologize if this is a commonly asked question! I am a new AVN developer working on a new story that I am creating in Ren'Py and utilizing in DAZ3D. I have a pretty good handle on rendering scenes so far but something I don't want my game to lack in is when it gets to the good stuff (sex), I would like to be able to add in animations that I see other VN's have. One issue with this is that I don't really have an idea on how to do animations in DAZ. Is it just creating a loop of seamless still renders? I feel like it's more complicated than that. If anyone could advise me in the right direction of some threads or tutorials that give some good advice on the animations side of things, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all a ton :)

dreamscometrue

May 20, 2020
Yes it is a series of seamless still renders. The more renders you have the more smooth animation is. Learn how to use keyframe and timeline to set up. I remember a simple animation I did approximately 200 renders.
If it takes too long because high res background. You can render the background once, then render characters separately. After that, use PTS to put the background into each render. Don't forget to edit the color in each character render so it won't look fake. You can save the setting then apply to each render.

Reactions: SecretSinStudios

SecretSinStudios

Aug 24, 2024
Yes it is a series of seamless still renders. The more renders you have the more smooth animation is. Learn how to use keyframe and timeline to set up. I remember a simple animation I did approximately 200 renders.
If it takes too long because high res background. You can render the background once, then render characters separately. After that, use PTS to put the background into each render. Don't forget to edit the color in each character render so it won't look fake. You can save the setting then apply to each render.
Greatly appreciate the insight! I'll try looking up some tutorials to better understand key frame and timeline as well. Also just to understand, what exactly do you mean by edit the color so it won't look fake?

dreamscometrue

May 20, 2020
Greatly appreciate the insight! I'll try looking up some tutorials to better understand key frame and timeline as well. Also just to understand, what exactly do you mean by edit the color so it won't look fake?
Because you render separate background and characters so the lighting will look different between them. So you have to try to blend them together.
Set up the scene, hide characters to render the background, then hide the background to render characters. The characters render must set transparent background. You can use invisible light to improve lighting of characters render.

Reactions: SecretSinStudios

SecretSinStudios

Aug 24, 2024
Because you render separate background and characters so the lighting will look different between them. So you have to try to blend them together.
Set up the scene, hide characters to render the background, then hide the background to render characters. The characters render must set transparent background. You can use invisible light to improve lighting of characters render.
Appreciate the clarification! Thank you!