Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.9.0] [squirrel24]

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I was unsure if a mod could add a location,other than that why would it require a spin off? It would require some bots and the stories about them. Could those bots not be tied to the location as well(like high end bots at the club or low end at the flea market)? Short of generating a new location how would it be different than any bot mod(ap points would be tied to the location like neighborhood vs 13 so making it 2ap should not be difficult?). Maybe I misunderstand what mods are able to do?
You don't misunderstand what you can do with mods. Anything that can be programmed is possible since I provide the source code for everyone. The issue is that your story uses one of the characters in SR24. If you don't involve Ruthie, the store owner, the rest is fine. If you or anyone else involves Ruthie, Earl, Louis, or Simone in mods there will be problems because SR24 has a story line using the characters and your events with them will be inconsistent with what they have done and will do in SR24.
In general, I'm asking everyone making mods who want to use a character: please create your own characters, don't use the ones in SR24 (except the MC of course!).

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Tried again to fix cpu consumption issue and I think this working better. Removed completely renpy.redraw call from MaxableImage because apparently it was attempt to fix problem with events not passing from parent Text displayable where "{image=}" tag was used (which is probably renpy's optimization of constant displayables and documentation says "{image=}" tag intended for small images: ). To prevent creation of parent Text displayable, in status screens of mc and bots images declared with 'add' statement and without "{image=}" tag (right sidebar already uses this declaration for bot avatar). For main interaction screen where all game events happening 'add' statement is not available and declaration of images still should use "{image=}" tag because now they automatically converted to properly styled frame with image inside.
Thank you very much. :) I will look at your changes and see if I can understand them and I will make myself a test version using them to see how it works. I believe you understand programming much better than I do! :oops:

reddwarf45

Jul 14, 2022
This is a game I wish had a paper doll system and better renders. It's off to a good start but part of it feels like the renders were thrown in there as an after thought, they are so small you have to squint sometimes to look at them and feel very repetitive / non customizable.

Overall though I do enjoy what's been done with the story etc.

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
u could be right! , i cannot find pic assest just .Json
You can find the assets in my signature, along with the (current) latest version of my .json.
Just make sure to take the JSON corresponding to the game you are playing (there is a DSCS version, and a SR24 version). The assets is the same for both version.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
This is a game I wish had a paper doll system and better renders. It's off to a good start but part of it feels like the renders were thrown in there as an after thought, they are so small you have to squint sometimes to look at them and feel very repetitive / non customizable.

Technically, it is a good restart based on a game that did not have images at all by somebody learning to mod the game as they go for the fun of it. You can check the first page of this thread for more info or maybe the current dev will share his thoughts.

The game can be modded, so perhaps you or somebody else will take up the challenge to give it the paper doll system and better renders you would like.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021

Sorry, the framework was made in DSCS and I'm not capable of changing it very much without breaking it. Do you know you can click on an image and it fills the window? Click on it again and it goes back to the original size.

Yes the renders are not great, I'm teaching myself Renpy/Python and DAZ at the same time. Two years ago I knew nothing about either one and both have fairly long learning curves. Newer parts of the game are better than older parts. Maybe some day I'll redo older images but it's a lot of work and wouldn't make that much difference. Besides, I'm sort of attached to my original work even if it isn't that great.

Yes the images are repetitive. I spend about equal amounts of time on programming and creating images. If I tried to double or triple the number of images it would make things take much longer as well as increase the game size dramatically. Sorry, that's the way it will be because this is my hobby and I want to develop the game not manage others developing a game.

Sorry, what is a "paper doll system"?

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes