Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 35 Votes

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Don't know if this is the right place to report it but "My Demonic Romance" v.15patreon with URM v2.31 nothing happens when pressing alt+m. The game doesn't crash, there isn't any error popping up, and the only data in the log is the stuff from game startup.
That has happened to me on a few games. I usually shut down and reopen and it fixes it. It's also happened that when I start from a save and rollback it won't open either, until I get back in front of the save point.

Feb 24, 2020
If you use URM to play a Steam game such as [Because I Love Her], it prevents Steam achievements from unlocking. Tried playing on Steam with URM removed/uninstalled and the Steam achievements unlock as normal.
On the other hand, using other mods such as the Walkthrough mod by JokerLeader does not disable Steam achievements from unlocking.

Last edited:

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
If you use URM to play a Steam game such as [Because I Love Her], it prevents Steam achievements from unlocking. Tried playing on Steam with URM removed/uninstalled and the Steam achievements unlock as normal.
On the other hand, using other mods such as the Walkthrough mod by JokerLeader does not disable Steam achievements from unlocking.
That sounds like the dev not wanting people to cheat the game. And if they care enough they'll blacklist the walkthrough mod too.

Jun 21, 2017
Can you add an option for URM to display in 1920x1080 regardless of what the games config.screen_width and config.screen dictates?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
is there a way to change the size view i installed it on a wife's phone but cant see or really edit any variables
Nope. URM is not able to scale to such a small screen.
I'm thinking on this, but I'm not sure about how to work around this

Can you add an option for URM to display in 1920x1080 regardless of what the games config.screen_width and config.screen dictates?
You could force the game to use 1920x1080, but that would probably f* up the game

Reactions: Feyd

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
The only viable work arounds are either to run in windowed mode and resize the window to that size, or set your monitor to use that display resolution. With high-res games (QHD and up) you'll probably also want to adjust the text scaling (Shift-A)

Oh, and 0x52? You can remove Between Humanity from the list of incompatible games. It now works perfectly together with URM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0x52 and Twistty

Jun 21, 2017
Its really hacky, but what I'm going to do is just create a menu button that switches between resolutions and put auto-reload on. It does fuck up the geometry, until you return to the old resolution, and a grey untextured checkered background remains. Since the goal is primarily to view the choices code, maybe a new submenu/tab in the alt+m menu for choices would work. Would be a pretty cool feature that could expand into a walkthrough file, by creating a tree of your choice path.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Can I use this to make a game with no skip transition have it? Specifically Lust Theory Season 2.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Can I use this to make a game with no skip transition have it? Specifically Lust Theory Season 2.
Yes. Search for the variable "transitions" and set "preferences.transitions" to 0 to disable transitions.
1727113258370.png

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 2.4: Progressbar

Hi all,

I know it's been a while since last update. "Real life" took priority, but I hope you appreciate this update.
In 2.4 I've added a progressbar that can indicate how much of the game's content has been seen (all playthroughs combined).

Full changelog:
  • Added a progressbar that indicates how much of the content has been seen (all playthroughs combined)
    • A draggable progressbar can be enabled under the "Miscellaneous" options
    • It can be added to the watchpanel under the "Watchpanel" options
  • Fix: Prevent crash when game devs broke Ren'Py by assigning something to the variable "Character"

Progressbar.png

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I thought I had found a way to make URM work with Sunshine Love _if_ you also use the ipatches, I could get it as far as not throwing an exception, alas it also caused the ipatches to stop doing what they were supposed to do.

5.00 star(s) 35 Votes